Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Worship Theology - Hosanna

"Hosanna" is a song I first heard sung by Christy Nockels. She was part of the duo Watermark with her husband Nathan and has been featured at Passion Conferences and recordings as a worship leader in her own right. She is a talented musician and gifted leader. Her husband is a music geek so that works for some great music production.


This song called “Hosanna” was actually written by Brooke Fraser who does a lot of work with Hillsong United and has some really good solo stuff out there too.


HERE is a version of the song on youtube as sung by Brooke Fraser and the Hillsong folks.


I’m not going to write up a breakdown on this one... I’d love to hear what you think as you pick apart the song:


Hosanna - by Brooke Fraser


Verse 1

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

Verse 2
I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

[Chorus]
Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest [x2]

Verse 3
I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

Verse 4
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees


[Chorus]


Bridge

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

[Chorus x2]


Ending
Hosanna in the highest


Soli Deo Gloria.

JP

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Curious to know if you got any comments. I have been wondering about the theology of this one myself.