Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We need the Gospel Every Day

Another reminder that the Gospel isn't something we hear and respond to once to get saved and them move away from it. We need it... I need it every day. Apparently Martin Luther needed it too...

"I myself have been preaching and cultivating [the Gospel of grace] through reading and writing for almost twenty years and still feel the old clinging dirt of wanting to deal so with God that I may contribute something so that He will give me His grace in exchange for my holiness." - Luther (Commentary on Galatians - as quoted by Scott Thomas in his book Gospel Coach.

Preach the Gospel to yourself.

"... we can say that the Gospel is just for non-Christians who don't know Jesus yet, and they need the Gospel. But for me, for us, those that are Christians, we need the Gospel every day." - Andrew Loewen [emphasis mine]

No comments: