Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When random meets reality...

"You've Got Mail" with Tom Hanks (post 'Big') & Meg Ryan (pre lip enhancement) is one of my wife's favorite movies. I enjoy it enough to watch it with her (although I think it was contrived as a piggy-backing, quick money maker following the main actor's on-screen chemistry from "'Sleepless In Seattle")...

However there is a quote from the movie that struck me as particularly funny... And particularly accurate.
Please excuse the use of the word 'hell'... Although sometimes offensive, I find that, in this case it makes the line all the more funny when delivered.

I'd love to hear if you also see the truth in the statement...
Enjoy!

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino." (Tom Hanks as Joe Fox in "You've Got Mail")

No comments: